Terms of Reference
Immunize Canada is a coalition of national non-governmental, professional, health, consumer, government and private sector organizations.
To contribute to the control/elimination/eradication of vaccine-preventable diseases in Canada by increasing awareness of NACI-recommended immunizations for all ages via education, promotion, advocacy and media relations.
- To provide accurate information via public awareness campaigns on vaccines recommended by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) during the most appropriate time of the year (i.e. influenza vaccine information prior to influenza season).
- To maintain and increase public trust in immunizations by responding to inaccurate information on immunization with factual, evidence-based information.
- To develop and ensure dissemination of promotional products and activities for seasonal campaigns that focus on the benefits and safety of recommended immunization for all ages.
- To advocate for public health policies that support the Coalition’s goal of controlling/eliminating/eradicating vaccine-preventable diseases in Canada through immunization for all ages.
- To provide expert spokespeople on the benefits and safety of immunizations for media in both official languages as required.
- To engage the media in the campaigns to promote immunization.
Immunize Canada's Terms of Reference can be found here.